Wednesday 27 August 2014

Autumn/winter lipsticks.

Bonjour!

From the weather we have been having lately I think it's time to accept that summer is over and it's time to start preparing for the colder months. 
As much as I love summer because I hate being cold I do love autumn because of all the deep red and purple colours and big baggy jumpers and obviously it means Christmas is nearly here. 
I thought I'd share with you my top 6 autumn winter lipsticks/glosses so here goes...



                                  


Mac Russian red - This is one of macs best selling lipsticks and it's easy to see why! It's such a lovely deep, almost vampy red that looks flawless on the lips, it's a matte so it stays on really well but make sure you keep your lips moisturised as the cold harsh winter months dry them out and as far as I'm aware this has no moisturiser in it.

                                

Revlon colour stay moisture stain in Parisian paradise - This is a new product and being the lip product addict I am I couldn't resist trying something new. I love the colour of it and it's super moisturising which is perfect for the colder months however it doesn't actually last all that long (approximately 2/3 hours) but for the colour and price I am willing to reapply throughout the day!

                                  

Rimmel lasting finish in 170 alarm - this is a really bright and pigmented red that doesn't break the bank, it has more of a glossy and moisturising finish than a matte but unfortunately due to this it doesn't last very long. However I do still love the colour and just reapply it throughout the day.


                                   

Maybelline super stay 24 colour in 510 red passion- This is the lipgloss I have been using for the longest amount of time and am still loving! My sister introduced me to it because I loved her lip colour and if she forgot to take it off before bed it would still be there in the morning so it defiantly lives up to its promises! At one end there is a red lipgloss that you apply and then once you have applied that and it's dry you then apply the lipstick on the other end and it's just like a clear lip balm that keeps it on and also allows you to have your lips as glossy or close to matte as you like. 

                             

Mac naked Paris- You can never go wrong with a classic nude, I like to use this when I have bold eye makeup or just when I'm going for a simple look. This is a lustre lipstick so is much more moisturising than macs matte collection but in my opinion isn't as good, it's perfect for this colour but I don't think a red would be as good from this collection.

                            

YSL 20- This again is a gorgeous colour as expected from such a well known high end brand and is very moisturising, I tend to use this a lot less than the others as it is a high end gloss and as we all know glosses run out a lot quicker than sticks! This was also my first ever high end makeup product and my sister got it for me so I never want it to run out because of it's sentimental value (I know I'm a freak) but anyways... I would defiantly recommend it because it's a gorgeous colour and texture.

 Au revoir mes petits chéris
 See you soon 
 xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment